Turkey is second after China in terms of watermelon production with 3.5 million tonne. Places that production of watermelon is the most respectively are Aegean Region, Mediterranean and Southeast Anatolia. %20 of the total watermelon production in Turkey is done in Adana province. Antalya, İzmir and Diyarbakır are the provinces behind Adana in terms of watermelon production.
Cultivars of watermelon that are cultivated in Turkey; Tekirdağ Watermelon, Yeni Dünya Watermelon, Alacalı Watermelon, Gulle Watermelon and Diyarbakır Watermelon. The most famous among these is Diyarbakır Watermelon. This watermelon which is unique to Diyarbakır only is very big and very juicy. Its weight was seen to have reached up to 60 kg.
- It lowers the muscle discomfort after sports.
- It prevents embolism by decreasing bad cholesterol. With a matter called lycopene which also gives the colour of red to the fruit, it is effective against macular degeneration and cataract.
- It has a property of decreasing the high blood pressure in overweight people.
- It helps in losing weight thanks to its low calorie, high fiber nature and ability to fill the belly. ( Sugar rate should be noted)
- As it contains vitamin A it is effective against xerophthalmia, eye infection and sight feebleness.
- It helps the digestive tract as it is rich in fiber.
- It balances heart functions and heart pressure.
- If the seed of the watermelon is consumed by chewing it lowers the blood pressure and cleans the urinary tract because it contains cucurbocitrin.
- Watermelon rind acts as a massage to the gums and lowers the amount of acid that makes the tooth decay.
- The white part of watermelon rind gets rid of the bad smell in the mouth if chewed and gargled.
- Watermelon contains vitamins A, C, D, B12 and B6.
- 100 gram of watermelon contains; 1 mg sodium, 112 mg potassium, 8 g carbohydrate, 0.2 g grease, 30 kcal, 0.4 g diet fiber, 6 g sugar and 0.6 g protein.
- In 2017, watermelon exports around the world are around 1.5 billion USD.
- The most exporting country is Spain with 350 million USD.
- Mexico and America are the countries with the highest sales.
- Turkey, meanwhile, has 6 million USD exports.
- Watermelon imports around the world in 2017 is around 1.5 billion USD.
- The most importing country is the US $ 350 million.
- Then Germany and France make the most purchases.
Stock for the product that is in demand is checked. Later on production status in the fields are examined. After we supply our still fresh products, we make them ready for packaging and delivery.
Information for the product is shared with our customers. Payment and delivery methods are agreed upon. Supply, packaging and delivery pricings are examined to the utmost detail. We later give the optimal price to our customers.
Pricing work would be completed. Payment proceedings would be over. Payment for the bought product would be done. We give limitless service to our customers in terms of logistics and transportation. And now products become ready to be packaged.