Potato which has a history of 150 years in Turkey is one of the most important agricultural products. It became a sector on its own with its production, industry, marketing and consumption. Turkey is one of the rare places where potato can be produced all year around thanks to its climate conditions. 368.4 million tonne of potato is produced on an area of 19.4 million hectares on earth. In Turkey alone 4.760.000 tonne of potato is produced on an area of 153.875 hectares. Potato is most produced in Central Anatolia, Black Sea Region and Aegean Region in Turkey. Nevşehir, Niğde, Afyon, Bolu, İzmir and Konya are the provinces that potato cultivation happens the most. %39 of the total cultivation happens in Nevşehir and Niğde.
China is first in terms of countries that produce potato. %21 of world’s potato cultivation is done in China. Countries that produce potato the most after China are Russia with %11, India with %7 and USA and Ukraine with %6 each. Turkey’s contribution to the total potato production is %1.3.
Potatoes that are cultivated in Turkey are imported as seeds from Holland, France and USA. Imported potato is multiplied by production and later on exported. In recent years increase of potato variety received importance and speed. First native potato varieties Onaran and Fatih were produced at 2015. Most produced potato types for food in Turkey; Granola, Latora, Marfona, Elodi, Agria, Cosmos and Marabel. Most produced industrial types; RussuntBurkank, Shepody, Hermes, Van Gogh and Lady Rosetta. Countries that Turkey exports potatoes to on the other hand are Georgia, Syria, Iraq, Azerbaijan and Balkan States.
- It makes the purple circles around the eyes disappear. It also makes black stains around the eyes disappear and gives the skin a natural soft feeling.
- It destroys stomach gases and helps the digestive tract.
- As its potassium content high and sodium content low it is beneficial for blood pressure patients and protects heart vessel’s health.
- As it contains a great amount of Selenium it makes sure that thyroit works normally.
- Thanks to its rich fiber nature it works intestines and cleans them.
- It has a protective property against colon cancer.
- It is effective against constipation.
- As it is rich in terms of vitamin B it regulates the nerve system and it is effective against exhaustion.
- It cleans the blood by ejecting toxic materials from the body.
- Potato juice regulates blood sugar.
- As potato juice contains vitamin D it is beneficial to teeth and bone health.
- As potato juice contains vitamin C it is cures flu, cold and the sniffles.
- 100 g potato with its skin contains; vitamin A, vitamin C, 77 kcal, 17.5 g carbohydrate, 2.1 g protein, 2.1 g fiber, 0 cholesterol, 0.1 g grease, 12 mg calcium, 425 potassium and 0.9 mg iron.
- Potato exports worldwide are around 3.2 billion USD in 2017.
- The most exporting country is France with 500 million USD.
- The next exporter countries are China and Germany.
- Turkey is located in 15.sıra with 30 million USD in exports.
- Potato imports in the world are around 3.5 billion USD in 2017.
- The most importing country is Belgium with 450 million USD.
- The next importer countries are the Netherlands and Spain.
Stock for the product that is in demand is checked. Later on production status in the fields are examined. After we supply our still fresh products, we make them ready for packaging and delivery.
Information for the product is shared with our customers. Payment and delivery methods are agreed upon. Supply, packaging and delivery pricings are examined to the utmost detail. We later give the optimal price to our customers.
Pricing work would be completed. Payment proceedings would be over. Payment for the bought product would be done. We give limitless service to our customers in terms of logistics and transportation. And now products become ready to be packaged.