It is demanding in terms of climate. There has to be cool air during plant’s early development process. For head covering phase, temperature has to be higher. During the head covering phase it needs long day lengths. High temperature is a must for the head of the onion to grow.
With the exception of Eastern Anatolia Region nearly everywhere in Turkey is suitable for onion cultivation. Onion is the plant that yield crops the most. Amasya is the province with the most onion cultivation at %13 of total production. Most of the production is done at Suluova region. Nevertheless output in Amasya is decreasing with constant cultivation in recent years. After Amasya Ankara-Polatlı with %12 and Bursa-Karacabey with %7 are the provinces that produces the most.
Turkish onions are exported to Iraq, Russia, Syria, Georgia, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Greece and Bulgaria. Total of 69800 tonne of dried onion are exported to these countries. Iraq is the country exported the most with 27226 tonne. After Iraq Syria with 20358 tonne and Russia with 11136 tonne is on the list.
- It is a natural antibiotic.
- It has a appetising property.
- It strengthens the immune system.
- It cleans the blood.
- It has antibacterial and pain killer affect.
- It strengthens body resistance.
- It gets rid of the harmful matters within the body.
- It protects against cancer and heart vessel diseases.
- It has diuretic effect.
- It helps losing weight.
- It strengthens memory.
- It prolongs aging.
- It decreases high blood pressure.
- It is effective against bone loss.
- It regulates the working of liver.
- It gets rid of sleep problems.
- It gets rid of physical and mental exhaustion.
- It makes the skin colour beautiful.
- It cures insect or bee bites.
- By opening air passages, it stops coughing.
- It cures bronchitis, asthma, flu and cold.
- It regulates sugar amount within the blood.
- It helps ejecting intestinal worms.
- It helps ejecting kidney stone and prevents another one from forming.
- 100 g of dried onion contains; vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B6, C, E, folic acid, 38 calorie, 9 g carbohydrate, 1.5 g protein, 0 cholesterol, 0.1 g grease, 56 mg phosphor, 0.6 g fiber, 27 mg calcium, 10 mg sodium, 0.5 g iron, 157 mg potassium and 12 mg magnesium.
- 100 g of green onion contains; vitamin A, vitamin C, 231 mg potassium, 5 mg sodium, 40 mg calcium, 1 g carbohydrate, 10.5 g protein and 45 calorie.
- 100 g of onion meets the daily need of a person’s %14 of vitamin C, %7 of fiber, %7 of vitamin B6, %3 of vitamin B1, %5 of folic acid, %2 of vitamin B2, %7 of manganese, %3 of magnesium, %5 of potassium, %3 of phosphor and %3 of calcium.
- Onion exports worldwide are around USD 3 billion in 2017.
- The most exporting country is the Netherlands with 500 million USD.
- Subsequent exporting countries are China and Mexico.
- Turkey is located in 12.sıra exports with USD 40 million.
- Onion imports in the world are around 3.2 billion USD in 2017.
- The most importing country is America with 450 million USD.
- The next importer countries are Vietnam and Malaysia.
Stock for the product that is in demand is checked. Later on production status in the fields are examined. After we supply our still fresh products, we make them ready for packaging and delivery.
Information for the product is shared with our customers. Payment and delivery methods are agreed upon. Supply, packaging and delivery pricings are examined to the utmost detail. We later give the optimal price to our customers.
Pricing work would be completed. Payment proceedings would be over. Payment for the bought product would be done. We give limitless service to our customers in terms of logistics and transportation. And now products become ready to be packaged.