Turkey is ranked second after China in melon production. Melon production in Turkey is mostly done in fields and low tunnels. Harvest time for tunnel cultivation is the end of june. Harvest time for field cultivation on the other hand is spring months.
Melons cultivated in Turkey are divided into those which are cultivated in summer and those cultivated in winter. Best known cultivars:
Hasanbey: Its fruits are medium in size and round, some of its stalks are a little bit pointed. Its rind colour is yellow and flesh colour is white. It is sweet and juicy. It is cultivated in winter months.
Kırkağac(Altınbas): Fruits are oval and long. It got the name of the place that is cultivated. It is the cultivar which is consumed the most in the world. It is a cultivar of melon that has a nice smell when it is ripe.
Topatan: It is slim and yellow rinded. It is frail. Its rind is green in the beginning but when it is ripe, it becomes yellow.
Sarı Dilimli: Its fruits are oval and round. Colour of its rind is yellow.
Çitili Melon: It is one of the most important melons that are cultivated in summer. Its fruits are big and round. Colour of its rind is yellow. As the thickness of its rind is thin, it is not resilient for transportation.
Mollakoy Melon: Long and oval shaped fruits’ rind colour is yellow. It has a thin rind.
Honeydaw: It is oval shaped. Colour of its rind is yellow at first. As it ripens it becomes creamy and yellow coloured.
- It strengthens immune system as it contains vitamin C.
- As it is rich in terms of potassium it protects heart and vessel health.
- As it contains sodium it prevents hypertension.
- By normalizing heartbeat it makes it so that more oxygen goes to the brain.
- By regulating blood pressure it relaxes nerve system.
- It protects eye health. Risk of getting cataract for a person who consumes melon regularly drops %40.
- It prevents diabetes and obesity.
- Cigarettes lower the amount of vitamin A within the body. Melon can balance the rate of decreasing vitamin A.
- It calms the nerves and gets rid of sleep problems.
- It helps losing weight.
- It helps in getting rid of intestinal worms.
- When its rind is boiled used on a pained tooth after it is cooled it can get rid of the pain.
- It moisturize the skin.
- As it contains vitamin C it rejuvenates the skin.
- It prevents hair loss.
- Melon seed is beneficial to coughing and high fever.
- Melon seed gives radiance to the skin.
- Melon seed regulates the level of acid within the stomach.
- 100 g of melon contains vitamins A, C, B, E, K, 28 kcal calorie, 0.9 g fiber, 6.6 g carbohydrate, 1.2 g protein, 0 g cholesterol, 0.1 g grease, 11 mg calcium, 0.4 mg iron, 182 mg potassium.
- Melon exports in the world in 2017 is around 1.7 billion USD.
- The most exporting country is Spain with 320 million USD.
- Turkey’s melon exports 7 million USD.
- Melon imports in the world are around 1.8 billion USD.
- The most importing country is America with 440 million USD.
- It is the Netherlands and France, which are the most frequent shoppers afterwards.
Stock for the product that is in demand is checked. Later on production status in the fields are examined. After we supply our still fresh products, we make them ready for packaging and delivery.
Information for the product is shared with our customers. Payment and delivery methods are agreed upon. Supply, packaging and delivery pricings are examined to the utmost detail. We later give the optimal price to our customers.
Pricing work would be completed. Payment proceedings would be over. Payment for the bought product would be done. We give limitless service to our customers in terms of logistics and transportation. And now products become ready to be packaged.