In some sources it is said that its origin point is Turkey. It is also said that it spread to Palestine, China, Middle East, India and Syria from Turkey. In Turkey it is produced the most in Aegean Region provinces such as Aydın and İzmir. Turkey is the head of fig cultivation in the world. %23 of the world’s Fresh fig production and %54 of the dried fig production happens in Turkey. Fresh Turkish figs in this case is very much needed for exporting to whole world. From approximately 75 thousand tonne dried fig production, 63 thousand tonne is exported. Turkey produces almost 120.000 tonne fig in a year. Sarılop and Sarı Zeybek are the best for dried fig. Bursa Siyahı, Yeşilgüz, Morgüz, Göklop, Bardakçı, Siyah Orak and Beyaz Orak on the other hand are best for consuming fresh.
- Its fruit is a solution for mental and physical exhaustion, it gives strength and energy.
- Dried fig helps speeding up cell renewal.
- It helps relieving the pain in the stomach and intestines, bronchitis, cough and shortness of breath.
- It prevents the growing of cancerous cells.
- It curbs the multiplication of virus and harmful bacteria.
- It contributes to the bone formation and teeth health.
- It prevents the cholesterol from mixing with the blood.
- It helps recovering from amnesia and exhaustion
- Its seeds, leaves, stems, resin, fruit and shell is used in the making of medication
- Dried fig is used as expectorant.
- It is effective against hemorrhoids and constipation
- Both Fig fruit and its leaves are used as raw material in many fields.
- It has an important place in medicine, food and cosmetics industry.
- It contains Protein, magnesium, calcium, sodium, carbohydrate, phosphor, folic acid, iron and vitamin A, B1, B2, B3, B6 and C for nutrition.
- Eating 100 grams of dried fig meet the %30 of daily need for magnesium and iron for a human, %5 for vitamin B1, %20 for phosphor, %4 for vitamin B2 and %17 of calcium.
- It is used in food sector for making jam, molasse, fruit blends and sugary products.
- Turkey is # 1 with 80 thousand tons in 2017, the export of figs.
- After Turkey’s exports are undertaken in Afghanistan and the Netherlands.
- Figs exports in the world are around USD 600 million in 2017.
- India is in the 1st place in 2017 for fig imports.
- Imports are followed by Germany and France.
- Although bred many species of fig varieties in Turkey, especially the “Yellow Lop” called the fig varieties, size, taste, meat processing, with bright colors and soft shell is the most suitable fig exports as one of the most appropriate type of tea in the world.
- This fig variety is the most important production area in our country, Aegean region, especially around Izmir and Aydın. More than 90% of the fig production of our country is composed of yellow lop variety figs.
Stock for the product that is in demand is checked. Later on production status in the fields are examined. After we supply our still fresh products, we make them ready for packaging and delivery.
Information for the product is shared with our customers. Payment and delivery methods are agreed upon. Supply, packaging and delivery pricings are examined to the utmost detail. We later give the optimal price to our customers.
Pricing work would be completed. Payment proceedings would be over. Payment for the bought product would be done. We give limitless service to our customers in terms of logistics and transportation. And now products become ready to be packaged.