Eggplant is the most produced vegetable after tomato, pepper and cucumber. 29.5 million tonne of eggplant is produced in the world. First three countries that produce eggplant the most are China with 16 million tonne, India with 7 million tonne and Turkey with 970.000 tonne. %56 of world’s eggplant is produced by China while India produces %27 and Turkey %3.
Eggplant can be cultivated in various regions of Turkey. But it cannot be produced in every region due to climate conditions and growing conditions. Antalya, Şanlıurfa, Hatay, Bursa, Aydın, Adana and Samsun are the provinces that cultivates eggplant the most in Turkey. Cultivars of eggplants that are most cultivated in Turkey are; Kemer Eggplant, Halk Eggplant and Bostan Eggplant. Apart from these Kirmastı Eggplant, Yalova Eggplant, Balıkesir Eggplant and Gönen Tombik Eggplant can also be cultivated.
When we look at the exports China takes %5.5 while Turkey takes %1.5 of the total eggplant export in the world. India on the other hand has no significant export. Spain is responsible for %21 of world’s eggplant export while Mexico is responsible for %20 and lastly Italy for %3.5. As it is a vegetable that cannot be stockpiled freshly that much, only %2 of it can be exported. Countries that Turkey exports eggplant the most; Germany, Bulgaria, Australia, Romania, Holland and Russia.
- It regulates blood sugar as it contains fiber and carbohydrate.
- It balances blood pressure as it contains a lot of potassium.
- It helps in protecting brain cells.
- It helps losing weight.
- It reduces the risk of having colon cancer as it contains a lot of fiber.
- It helps the digestive tract and gets rid of constipation.
- It cleans the dead cells from the skin, prevents skin cancer and removes black spots thanks to the vitamins and fibers that it contains.
- Eggplant juice reduces the risk of a sudden heart attack.
- It reduces the risk of hypertension as it is rich in terms of potassium.
- Eggplant juice helps in burning the fat and losing weight.
- 100 g of eggplant contains; vitamins A, D B12, C, B6, 0.2 mg iron, 14 mg magnesium, 9 mg calcium, 24 kcal calorie, 0.2 grease, 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 229 mg potassium, 6 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber and 3.5 g sugar.
- Eggplant exports in the world are around USD 500 million in 2017.
- The most exporting country is Spain with 175 million USD.
- It is then the Netherlands and Mexico, which have the most sales.
- Turkey is located in the 7th rank with USD 15 million.
- The import of eggplant on the world is about 500 million USD in 2017.
- The most importing country is Germany with 77 million USD.
- The countries that bought the most afterwards are America and France.
Stock for the product that is in demand is checked. Later on production status in the fields are examined. After we supply our still fresh products, we make them ready for packaging and delivery.
Information for the product is shared with our customers. Payment and delivery methods are agreed upon. Supply, packaging and delivery pricings are examined to the utmost detail. We later give the optimal price to our customers.
Pricing work would be completed. Payment proceedings would be over. Payment for the bought product would be done. We give limitless service to our customers in terms of logistics and transportation. And now products become ready to be packaged.