Cucumber cultivation in Turkey goes back a lot. It can be cultivated in every region. %44 of cucumber production in Turkey is done in Mediterranean Region. After Mediterranean Region, Aegean Region is responsible for %11 while Marmara Region for %9. %5 of total vegetable production is cucumber.
In an area of 52.679.727 hectares is used for cultivation of vegetables in the World. Of this, 1.905.648 hectares is used for cultivating cucumber. Cucumber is ranked sixth in terms of production after Tomato, Onion, Watermelon, Cabbage and Pea.
100.739 tonne of cucumber is cultivated in an area of 60.000 hectares in Turkey. Turkey is ranked third in cucumber cultivation after China and Iran. 21.356 decares out of total area is used for cultivating pickled cucumbers.
Cucumbers that are cultivated in Turkey are exported to 88 different countries out of which %75 is European Union. Turkey is number one in terms of production and export of gherkin which is a cucumber for pickle. %90 of the yearly cultivation of 80000 tonne gherkin is exported.
Cucumber is very sensitive towards cold weather. It is immediately affected when temperature drops below zero degree. In high temperatures it cannot grow due to fungus diseases and loss of water. If temperature is higher than 30 degrees it can cause paleness and if it is higher than 40 degrees it causes plant to develop physical diseases. It is also important that moisture rate should be %70-80 at greenhouse cultivation.
It branches into two as pickled cucumber and table cucumber. Best known types:
Table Types; Green Spott, Bittex, Melior, Standex, Orion, Spot Sesitent
Pickled Cucumber Types, Nimbus, Hokus, Argus
Table Types; Colorado, Marketer, Cubit, Submarine, Langa, Stays Green, Maltepe, Dere, Cengelkoy and Kilis
Pickled Cucumber Types; Belair, Gherkin, Belmonte, Rus and Kornison
- As it contains vitamin B it is beneficial to weariness, anaemia, mouth injuries, loss of concentration and forgetfulness.
- As %96 of it is water it is a good natural liquid source.
- It gets rid of the swellings on the skin and it makes bags under the eyes to disappear.
- It has diuretic property.
- As it contains a great amount of water and fiber it helps regulating the digestive tract.
- It balances blood pressure as it contains potassium, fiber and magnesium.
- It strengthens the memory and postpones aging within nerve cells.
- It has a breath refresher property.
- It provides relief against acid indigestion.
- It can be used on skin to get rid of sunburn.
- It is effective against kidney stone if consumed regularly.
- It nourishes nails and hair with the minerals that it contains.
- It cures joint and muscle pain with the minerals that it contains.
- It balances the amount of uric acid within the blood and ıt is beneficial for the health of kidney.
- 100 g of cucumber contains vitamin A, B1, B2, C, 0.6 g protein, 0.1 g grease, 2.2 g carbohydrate, 96 g water, 12 mg calcium, 15 mg magnesium, 24 mg phosphor, 0.3 mg iron and 0.3 mg niacin.
- Cucumber exports around the world are around USD 2.5 billion in 2017.
- The most exporting country is Spain with 650 million USD.
- Mexico and the Netherlands are the countries with the highest sales afterwards.
- Turkey is 10th place with 30 million USD in exports.
- The import of cucumbers over the world is about 2.5 billion USD in 2017.
- The country with the most imports is America with 750 million USD.
- Germany and the United Kingdom are the countries with the highest purchases.
Stock for the product that is in demand is checked. Later on production status in the fields are examined. After we supply our still fresh products, we make them ready for packaging and delivery.
Information for the product is shared with our customers. Payment and delivery methods are agreed upon. Supply, packaging and delivery pricings are examined to the utmost detail. We later give the optimal price to our customers.
Pricing work would be completed. Payment proceedings would be over. Payment for the bought product would be done. We give limitless service to our customers in terms of logistics and transportation. And now products become ready to be packaged.