Flowers are white and pink in colour and blossom before the leaves in the spring. Its fruits has single seed, meaning it also has a hard core. Fruits are grown between the months of april and july with varying date, according to the region it is cultivated and its type. Its fruits are 1-3 cm in diameter and are fleshy, juicy, round and containing low fiber.
Adding the types that are used in industry there are close to 1500 cultivars of cherry in the world. 23 types of cherry are cultivated in Turkey. Cultivars that are cultivated in Turkey are; Merton Late, 0900 Ziraat, Karabodur, Bigarreau, Lambert, Karagevrek, Bella Di Pistoia, Noble, Bing, Turfanda, Early Burlat, Durona Di Cesena, Larian, Berryessa, Stella, Vista, Starking Hardy Giant, Merton Premier, Merton Bigarreau, Noir De Guben, Van, and Edirne. Provinces that produces the most cherry these last years are Manisa, Bursa, İzmir, Isparta and Afyon. Especially ”0900 Ziraat” type of cherry that are produced in Isparta and Afyon regions are solely exported to abroad. These cherries are known as ”Turkish Cherry” at abroad.
Provinces that has the most production and their percentages; İzmir %12.7, Amasya %8.8, Manisa %8.1, Afyon %6.3, Isparta %6.1, Konya %5.4, Bursa %4.8, Sakarya %3.8 and Kocaeli %3.2. Until june of 2018 20.390 tonne of cherry exported from Turkey to abroad. Cherries that are cultivated in Turkey are exported to 48 different countries. First three among these countries in terms of export number are Germany, Russia and Norway.
- Not only the cherry fruit but also every part of its tree is made use of. Its fruit can be consumed fresh, it can also be made into jam, fruit stew and canned. Bark of the tree can be used as fever reducer and it can also be used in treating constipation. Its flowers can be used as chest softener. Cherry stalk can be used as urine remover.
- It strengthens immune system.
- It protects heart and vessel health.
- It protects from cancer thanks to its antioxidant property.
- It lowers the risk of neurological disease.
- It lowers the risk of diabetes.
- It protects the memory.
- By protecting the skin it postpones the sign of aging.
- If eaten a few hours before sleeping, it helps sleeping shorter as it completes the efficient melatonin amount in the body.
- It helps in removing oedema from the body.
- It is helpful to cholesterol.
- It is very helpful in preventing urinary tract infection, it is a diuretic.
- Cherry can be preserved up to three weeks in 0 celsius.
- Nutritional value of 100 gram of cherry: 1.3 g protein, 70 calorie, 17.5 g carbohydrate, 0.4 g fiber, 22 mg calcium, 19 mg phosphor, 2 mg sodium, 0.4 mg iron, 110 IU vitamin A, 191 mg potassium, 0.06 mg vitamin B2, 0.05 mg vitamin B1, 0.4 mg vitamin B3, 0.032 mg vitamin B6 and 10 mg vitamin C.
- Cherry exports over the world are around 2.2 billion USD.
- Turkey and ranks 4th with USD 160 million in exports.
- America is in the 1st rank with 600 million USD exports.
- Cherry imports over the world are around 2.5 billion USD.
- China is the country that receives the most cherry.
- Then Germany and Korea come to the most.
Stock for the product that is in demand is checked. Later on production status in the fields are examined. After we supply our still fresh products, we make them ready for packaging and delivery.
Information for the product is shared with our customers. Payment and delivery methods are agreed upon. Supply, packaging and delivery pricings are examined to the utmost detail. We later give the optimal price to our customers.
Pricing work would be completed. Payment proceedings would be over. Payment for the bought product would be done. We give limitless service to our customers in terms of logistics and transportation. And now products become ready to be packaged.