Carrot is cultivated in cold climates. Temperature during its growing process is 15-20°C. This temperature is influential in the making of the orange colour. Carrot is cultivated under the soil. For this reason in order its surface and roots to be straight the soil under which is planted has to be soft. Carrot can be cultivated in every season but in our country it is cultivated in winters.
Turkey produces 602 thousand tonne carrot. Carrot is ranked 9th in terms of fresh vegetable production in Turkey. Most known types of carrot which has many cultivars are orange, red, white, purple, yellow and black carrots. Most cultivated type in Turkey are Purple and Black Carrots. Black carrot in Turkey is used in the making of Şalgam Suyu(Turnip Juice) that is famous in Adana. %59 of the carrot production in Turkey is done in Konya. Most important productive provinces after Konya are Ankara-Beypazarı and Hatay-Kırıkhan. 20 thousand tonne of carrots that are produced in Konya are exported to Romania, Bulgaria, Italy and Serbia. Black carrot that is produced in Ereğli county of Konya is the type of carrot that receives the most attention in export. 100 thousand tonne of production is done in an area of 25 thousand decares.
- As it is rich in terms of vitamin A, it is helpful to eye health.
- Risk of getting breast, lung and colon cancer is lower for people who consume carrot regularly.
- It prevents heart diseases as it contains vitamin A and fiber.
- It makes the skin prettier.
- It cleans the liver from toxins.
- It is effective against aging as it contains a great deal of beta carotene.
- It protects the teeth health by preventing tooth decay.
- It balances the acid base in the body.
- It prevents digestive problems.
- 100 g of carrot contains; vitamin A, vitamin C, 33 mg calcium, 0.3 mg iron, 320 mg potassium, 0 cholesterol, 0.3 g grease, 1 g protein, 2.6 g fiber, 9.6 g carbohydrate, 41 kcal calorie.
- Carrot exports over the world are around 1.2 billion USD in 2017.
- The most exporting country is China with 365 million USD.
- The countries with the highest sales afterwards are Holland and America.
- Turkey ranks 15th with 10 million USD in exports of carrots.
- Importation of carrots over the world is around 1.2 billion USD in 2017.
- The most importing country is Germany with 130 million USD.
- Canada and the United States are the countries with the highest purchases.
Stock for the product that is in demand is checked. Later on production status in the fields are examined. After we supply our still fresh products, we make them ready for packaging and delivery.
Information for the product is shared with our customers. Payment and delivery methods are agreed upon. Supply, packaging and delivery pricings are examined to the utmost detail. We later give the optimal price to our customers.
Pricing work would be completed. Payment proceedings would be over. Payment for the bought product would be done. We give limitless service to our customers in terms of logistics and transportation. And now products become ready to be packaged.